Saturday, October 4, 2008

Friend and Family Fabulous Females

This has nothing to do with crafting, but I can't name names in my other blog, and this requires some linking to real people for it to be worthwhile.

Three women in my life are on amazing journeys right now: my sister, my college roommate and bff-type person (one of a few bff-type people in my life, I'm lucky to say), and my cousin.

My sister is with her college bff driving across the US and back visiting all great roadside attractions, major landmarks, and random friends possible. Then the two of them are going to work on an organic farm in Costa Rica through the WWOOF program.

My college friend is running around Europe with Farmer John of The Real Dirt on Farmer John and Angel Organics to help him research biodynamic farming.

My cousin is biking around the the US with three of her friends (all female) in a post-college trek of amazingness.

All three are kindly keeping blogs so we mortals may live vicariously through them.
http://ontheroadtohippieville.blogspot.com/
http://doopdeedoo.blogspot.com/
http://teampadbutt.blogspot.com/

Today, I didn't do the farmers market because I didn't realize until last night that I was the only person signed up and I couldn't get anybody with a tent to join me in time. I could have gone out there tentless, but at 6 AM on a cold October morning, I lacked the inspiration of my grab-the-universe-by-the-testicles friends/relatives. Now, I'm demi-flattened again by another stupid migraine. But tomorrow! [Head willing,] the universe's testicles are mine! I will do something.

No comments: