Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Camera's Got the Blues

I'm already a Photoshop addict; mindless snapshots of my friends at the Chinese New Year's parade are subjected to at least cropping and curves before I'll post them on Facebook. But today's batch of pictures were like a germaphobe finding a booger on his coffee cup.
I know my camera has trouble with purple. It thinks purple is blue. I heard a rumor that Canons in general don't like purple, so maybe Grimace screwed them on a modeling contract and this is their revenge.

Today I was not photographing purple, I was photographing the hats I got at the auction last week until my camera battery died. One of the hats is green, and while it came out green, the hat on the screen was significantly bluer than the hat in reality. I ended up color correcting every single shot. I always feel weird when I have to doctor photographs to make them look more like the real thing.
So purple is blue, green is blue. Camera, do you have the blues? Because these color identity crises are wearing thin, and for as much as I love Photoshop, all that extra work kind of...blew.

No comments: