Friday, March 27, 2009

In Love

This morning, I woke up to a convo from Amy (not the one I generally talk about, but apparently people named Amy are all awesome) of BeanSproutStudio that included two banners she'd put together having read my whining and freaking out. When I saw the first one, I couldn't believe it. It's the banner that I've been dreaming of from the start. The damask background, the font that looks stamped but is nice and blocky and legible but still askew and "off the wall"-ish...

I think more color would be good, but considering this was charity banner from a person who doesn't know me in real life, I think I have to marry her and have ten thousand of her babies and make her my new best friend. Because seriously, that is so close to what was in my mind but I couldn't do. You should go buy birth announcements and pretty-not-snarky cards from her. Lots of them.

4 comments:

Amy Jaz said...

You are cracking me up! Thanks so much for the super sweet shout out! I don't know how I feel about having 10,000 babies, but hey if you can support them all....

I'll get to work tonight on tweaking the banner a little bit more, and get back to you!

a. said...

So glad to know I don't have to start having babies just to buy her adorable stationery. Non-snarky cards it is!

Anonymous said...

Wait I'm confused. You have this banner, and then we're voting on the same one? Very strange.

Um if you'd like I can also throw my hat in the banner-making race. I don't want 1000 babies (sorry) but your comments on my blog were so nice I'm happy to help!

JillHannah said...

I still have the other banner up for voting and such because I'm a glutton for punishment and want to see just how bad people think it really is. This banner is ever-so-close to perfect, but if you want to build off of it and Amy Jaz doesn't mind, I'm all for creative collaborations and giving credit and shout-outs and love to all involved. This whole project really has been a labor of love and some fabulous helpful people from all over the place. It's pretty incredible.