Monday, April 5, 2010

Business Idea for Garage Salers

Like hitting all the garage and estate sales? Find thrifty, recycling-prone friends, neighbors, anyone nearby who will give you money, and have them give you their Target/Walmart/Home Depot/general household item shopping list.

I feel somewhat estranged from Target these days, going when I need toilet paper, razors, moisturizer, and as little else as possible. When my blender died, I found one at an estate sale. Picture frames and the hooks to hang them, a corkscrew, my drinking glasses, the scale I use to weigh packages--all things I picked up from garage and estate sales.

Not everyone has the time or inclination to scour the universe for a "perfectly good electric can opener," six matching wine glasses, and a chainsaw under $10.

But you do.

There's so much stuff out there. Then we keep producing and buying more stuff. There is a market within the capitalist system for the Professional Recycler.

Do other people's shopping for them, but at garage sales. Save them money. Charge a fee low enough that they still save money.

Go forth and thrive.


1 comment:

M.M.E. said...

This is a great idea!! I love garage sale shopping but I had never thought of shopping for other people.