Saturday, April 10, 2010

Etsy, Migraines, and the Sweet Illusion of Control

I just posted this in a forum, but it's way better as a blog post:

I've been on here for almost 2 1/2 years now. I joined Etsy right when chronic daily migraine forced me to drop out of "real" life.

Etsy, the economy, and migraines have a lot in common.

We think we know what causes them to fluctuate. We think we know how to control for these fluctuations. We work very hard at keeping our lives balanced and optimized to the best and most of what we want at the best and most of our abilities. Maybe we have control, maybe we don't. But dammit, we will take anything and everything we can as validation and reassurance along the way.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dairy, soy, nitrate, preservative, and gluten-free dinner to eat while I add this to my blog.
( http://jillhannah.blogspot.com
I wish I was kidding.)

No comments: