Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Shining: Heeere's Spongey!

I have a new favorite product. Nothing that's being featured on a Target endcap, no great Etsy find, but an extremely pleasant surprise:
Easy Shine Instant Shine Sponge in "neutral."

On one of my past garage/estate sale-ing romps, I acquired this blue leather briefcase just begging to be a hipster's laptop case, but it was schmutzy in a non-"cool vintage" way. On my last Walgreens run, I found the shoe shine sponge for under $3 and figured it was worth a shot.
Worth so much more than a shot.
It's just a sponge attached to a plastic thing that's a little damp. The damp stuff is made of magic.
I wish I had before and after photos.
Now it's getting the weird white stuff off the awesome multicolored shoes I haven't listed because they had weird white stuff on them. The rest of my vintage shoes (and my regular shoes for that matter) better prepare themselves for the worlds easiest shining.

No comments: