Saturday, March 29, 2008

Human Treasure (awww)

I'm in another treasury, which is the inspiration for my current posting. This one was put together by one of my favorite Etsians, who is a buyer-only and quality human being. She actually won the card "treasured" on my contest thread.

My contest thread
has been an entertaining thing unto itself. I stole the idea from DennisAnderson, who probably stole the idea from someone else, but the basic concept is "last person to post wins a prize." I added to that "every 1000th poster wins a prize, too," since I want people looking in my shop as much as possible, and my individual card costs are relatively low. I'm not sure how many sales have been a direct result of this little promotion, but the human connection element has been amazing! I never expected it to be so much fun! There's a handful of regular posters who are infinitely entertaining, plus random people who come and go to keep things fresh. Rumor has it admin locks threads once they hit 10,000 posts, and I have to decide if I'm going to start it up again. I'm hoping the answer will be obvious once we get to 10,000, but for now, I'm a big mush of ambivalence.

Time to turn things off and head to my friend's house for Earth Hour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks! :) *hugs*
Elino is an alternate and I wanted to give her exposure too, so I switched a few and moved stuff around. You're the best.:)

Tiffany said...

awww! Yours and dennis' contests started a crazy trend!! We are all addicts now! And one of the new contests is at 13,000+ posts - so no truth in that rumor! We all love your cards and yay for Taleri's treasury!!

unefemme.etsy.com

The Soap Man said...

Who is Dennis Anderson?